Thursday, November 11, 2010

8 pounds and a recipe

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since I've started my diet and exercise routine...it's getting easier and I'm falling back into good habits! I haven't missed a day of working out and I don't think I could if i wanted to..I'm starting to love it again! I get up around 5 and head to the gym...after that i head home to shower and get ready for the day..i have some extra time and it is great to be able to just move slowly about my morning instead of the rush rush rush I'm use to!

My cousin and friend Heather started a "biggest loser" competition and she is kicking my tail. The girl lost 10 inches in a very short time from all over her body..I'm so proud of her..and okay..maybe a little bit jealous. lol. I'm kidding..she is doing so awesome and she motivates me! I only lost 1 inch last week...that was a bummer...HOWEVER, i have lost 8 pounds!

The downfall to dieting...becoming obsessed with the scale. I find myself weighing a couple times a day and it is really discouraging...i have to stop doing that. Today I was running a little late so i showered at the gym(which i hate doing) but when i walked into the shower room there was a scale(i have never weighed myself on..usually only use the one at home) ANYWAYS, i got on it and it said i weight like 3 pounds more than my starting weight...WHAT THE WHAT???? How is that even possible. I tried to not let it get my down...the scale at home says I'm down 8..so i will choose to believe that..and from now on..only weigh myself on the same scale! Frustrating.

ALSO...my goal is to lose the weight, obviously, but also do it in a good and healthy way. Eating the same things over and over can get a little monotonous so I've decided to still COOK, but find healthy recipes to try...with that said..i found the most amazing soup recipe ever. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food and it is a zesty mexican soup recipe. I'm in love with it..so i wanted to post it on here for all of you that would like to try it:)

Zesty Mexican Soup
Prep time:15 mins
Cook:10-15 mins(once on)
Makes 5-6 servings, serving size 1 cup
Calories: 190 in one serving

Ingredients
2 cups cooked chicken(i used the chicken that is already sliced into cubes and precooked that you just have to throw in the skillet and warm up..it's low cal too:))
1 can chicken broth (it calls for progresso but i used a diff brand with less cals..i don't guess it matters)
1 can vegetable juice
1 can whole corn drained
1 cup salsa any flavor(i used the marketside kind from walmart...chipotle something...GOOD..and only 5 calories per serving)
1 can chopped green chili's
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

mix all ingredients in pan...heat until boiling and then add cilantro....
EAT!
it really is good:)

No comments: