Friday, November 19, 2010

Diet

I'm starting to get slightly annoyed. I feel like I don't see results as quickly as I should. The rational part of me is like "it takes time" but the not so rational part is angry and unmotivated.

I reported last week that I lost 8 pounds....it fluctuates between 5-8 now...??? i don't know why. I'm working out so hard and not eating above 1200 calories if that a day. Someone suggested that I need to be eating more calories since i'm working out anywhere from 30 mins to an hour on the elliptical and then another 30 on weights etc. I'm not sure??? I haven't ate even once single bad thing for me...so I don't know why it seems like it is taking years to see results! I know I didn't pack the weight on overnight, so I shouldn't expect to lose it overnight...sigh.

On a happier note...I might be losing more inches than weight? I feel a little smaller(just a little) and 2 people have commented that I look like I've lost weight...that made me happy...BUT I'M READY TO SEE IT ON THE SCALE....I don't know why I'm so hung up on the scale...but I just want to see results.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What are you doing to work out? As you are burning calories, you burn fat... however, you are also probably building muscle which is more dense than fat and therefore can make it seem like you are not losing weight at all. You need to focus on losing body fat, and not focus so much on the pounds on the scale. See a nutritionist or even just a coach at the local gym and they can do a body fat analysis to see where you are. A lot of times, you will see results faster if you are looking at THAT number instead of total pounds. ;)

Ashley said...

i do 40-50 mins a day on the elliptical....usually burn between 600-700. i eat about 1200 calories a day. im seeing results..just slowly..:) i guess we all want instant gratification...however, i know i just have to stick with it.