Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Reflections.

The weekend was good. And for once..I couldn't wait for the week to get here because only 2 very short work days away from 2 weeks of Christmasy/New Years bliss! Yay.

Friday night I had to work at this drive through late display that my community is hosting. It funds non-profit organizations in town. I will say that I went into the situation with a bad attitude because I had been on my feet since 6 am that morning..hard work out...then a day of shopping with my mom...followed by standing in the freezing cold rain for a couple hours taking donations and annoying people by asking for their zip codes. Have I mentioned I hate the cold? I do. I DON'T hate winter, I just hate the cold. I know that makes no sense. But I really like being indoors and looking out knowing that is so cold! I like curling up in pjs with hot chocolate, fuzzy boots, a blanket, reading a great book. I LOVE WINTER/HATE THE COLD! Anywho, it was freezing and the minute I got out of my car at this place it began to snow/sleet/rain mix. It was pretty dreadful for the first hour of it...but after my feet froze to the point of no feeling it was fine! I was happy to leave though..get in my warm car and go home and get straight into bed.

Saturday I spent shopping with C and thoroughly enjoying it, until his grandfather called. I usually don't post this kinda stuff on my blog...but I don't really care. I love my boyfriend with all my heart...but his family..they are hard to handle. Thankfully there is a 10 hour cushion between us and them. They say very mean and hurtful things regarding me all the time like "oh, you have a bachelors degree in English...yeah like that is going to be useful" (im paraphrasing and exaggerating a little) but it is ALWAYS negative and always in regard to me. The comment on Saturday was "so, has ashley dropped out of grad school yet????" im not even sure what that is suppose to mean..but it hurt my feelings. They just seem to wait for me to screw up or fail. The comment a few weeks before that was "oh, she is going to be in school for life and you will have to pay off her student loans".....I don't understand them. My family is so positive and encouraging when it comes to my education..so it's hard for me to understand their point of view. A lot of times I really just want to GIVE IT TO THEM....just ask them what the heck their deal with me is....but then I realize it really doesn't matter. It's hurtful..yeah...it's mean..yeah...but I can't let that stop me from doing what I want to do. Truthfully they don't even know me that well...after 3 years they don't even try to get to KNOW ME they just have to gripe about my career aspirations or my family or whatever it is they dream up that day. I WILL NEVER do that to my children or grandchildren....NEVER. I mean sure if i was a drug addict or prostitute with 12 kids that runs an underground drug ring...GRIPE..BY ALL MEANS. But just because you think I'm not successful by your standards? bs. Waiting for people to fail must be a pitiful life.

The rest of Saturday was very good..we met up with my mom and went to a few places to finish up some shopping! We grabbed some food and went back to C's place to watch movies. I watched Sundays at Tiffany's and was soo sooo soo disappointed. Why do they take amazing books and wreck them with horrid movies. I hated the movie...nothing like the book really...acting was horrible...they took the magic from the book and just ruined it. I felt the same way with Nicholas Sparks book Last Song....Miley Cyrus should never act.ever.especially in Nicholas Sparks movies.

Sunday...relax:)

Now just two days or work(short days) and im off for 2 weeks..yes!

I have been blogging for a while now..and i have 5 followers...that is sad...lol.

Some really random weekend pics.



Sleeping Choodle!!!!!!!!!! He is too cute.


My ultra lame Christmas Eve shirt that I plan to wear with PJ's while
opening presents....holla.



love my friends:)me and nat!

it's officially Christmas Week! YES! Have a Merry Christmas!



No comments: