Monday, January 3, 2011

11 in 2011-Day 3




Workout tips.

For the past three months I have been blogging about my weight loss journey after putting on 60 pounds...30 pounds lighter and 30 more to go..i feel like there are several things that have worked for me. 

1.)  Work out at the same time everyday.  It becomes habit and routines are always easier to follow whether you really want to be working out or not. 

2.)  Go to the gym even if you are NOT feeling like working out.  I read a few months ago that it is better to have a really crappy work-out then just not working out at all.  I think that is true.  As long as you are doing something, you are doing better than you would be sitting at home in front of the TV.  If you have a bad workout, use it as motivation to do better the next day. 

3.)  Don't dress like a slob at the gym.  That sounds rude and I totally do NOT mean it that way...but I know so many days I want to wear a huge holey tshirt, but i know that i feel so much better when I put on a cute pair of workout pants and work-out shirt.  Running for an hour in front of large mirrors on the elliptical can be very HARD when you have nothing to stare at but your reflection, so it's better to look somewhat cute(as cute as one can look working out)

4.)  Find a workout buddy!  Having support is always helpful.  I work out with my cousin and my mom several days a week and the other days I just go at it alone! They motivate me and push me.  Not to mention the winner of our "biggest loser" competition gets an awesome day at the spa!

5.)  Set goals.  Don't be unrealistic.  Don't say "oh I'm going to lose 25 pounds this month!"  Start small....accomplish the goals...it'll be a huge reward!

-------------------------------



Today is the last day of my break before I go back to my students...I'm already dreaming of spring break in NYC! I started the day off with a workout then C planned a midwinter picnic on the lake. It was freezing but perfect!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo! Congrats on accomplishing your goals. I really need to start hitting the gym this semester, and you're totally giving me the motivation to make it a regular thing. :) Keep up the good work, dear!!

Kit said...

Great tips :)

Having a partner to exercise with is very important to me!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great day before back with the students!! :)

Great tips!

... said...

Your mention of wearing cute clothes to the gym is probably one of the best tips I've heard. You're right that it's a lot easier to look in the mirror at yourself when you look cute, and you'll be a lot more motivated to look cuter in the future! I'm trying to lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks. Have you been using a diet regime?

Ashley said...

I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day and workout between 1-2 hours a day...no sugar really. Nothing specific, just watching what I eat and excersizing a ton:)