Tuesday, January 4, 2011

11 in 2011-Day 4


I'm still typing 2001 and not noticing until I almost publish this.....2011, 2011,2011.

Today...best leftover recipe. 

I'm more than unqualified for this seeing that I HATE HATE HATE leftovers.  Something about food sitting in tupperware in the fridge growing God knows what on them is enough to send me into convulsions.  I just cannot do it...at all. I know that is silly...especially if you heat them up the very next day for lunch, but I'm a VERY picky eater and just cant do it.  In fact, i have trouble going to many restaurants unless I know they wear gloves and hair net thingys.  Which is really not a whole lot of places...I can do it..I just don't LIKE to do it.  I guess that is the germaophobe in me, regardless....i can't tell you the best leftover recipe...because leftovers freak me out....

I CAN TELL YOU a really good healthy recipe though.  I posted this on here not too long ago..but I'll post again...it's super easy to make and SOOOO SOOO GOOD!!!! and heck...if you wanna get food poisoning and eat this as leftovers make enough of this for leftovers, go for it..:)

Prep Time:30 min


Start to Finish:30 min

makes:6 servings (1 cup each)

2 cups cubed cooked chicken

1 can (14 oz) Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth

1 can (11.5 oz) vegetable juice cocktail

1 can (15.5 oz) Green Giant® whole kernel corn, drained

1 cup Muir Glen® organic salsa (any flavor)

1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. In 3-quart saucepan, mix all ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat.

2. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got bored last week and put together a sewing project.  I love scarves, but I want something funky and I didn't really have it! So I used some sequiny fabric to make an infinity scarf.  SO SIMPLE, cheap, and turned out pretty cute...


4 comments:

star said...

My husband is just like you! He hates leftovers, it grosses him out! He also doesn't like people touching his food! He really has to NOT think that someone is touching his food when we go out to eat!

Anonymous said...

I've found that more and more people aren't too big on leftovers!

Great scarf :)

... said...

I eat leftovers more now that I've set a goal not to eat out as much. I take it with me to lunch.

Kit said...

The scarf is super cute!